Every quarter Lake Region Electric Cooperative (LREC) awards various recipients funding from their Operation Round Up (ORU) program. During the April 11th meeting, the ORU Board of Trustees awarded $17,500 to six local organizations and programs across the LREC service territory. From 2007 to present, ORU has awarded $496,870 and has made a huge impact to the members and communities served by LREC.
Organizations receiving funds were:
- $3,000 to Dunvilla Shooting Club to refurbish a cabin used for training
- $2,000 to Essentia Health St. Mary’s Foundation to integrate reading for children
- $3,500 to Home and Away Ministries DBA Ruby’s Pantry for food distribution program
- $1,000 to Lakes & Prairies Community Action Partnership to provide basic home repairs for seniors, disabled persons, and low-income families
- $3,000 to North Country Food Bank for mobile pantry program
- $5,000 to Welcome House to support home for women in recovery and critical transitions
To learn more about the organizations who received funding, please follow our Facebook page (@LakeRegionElectricCoop) as we connect with and spotlight recipients. If you have a community project that needs funding, please complete the online Operation Round Up Request for Funding form found on the LREC website and submit it with supporting documentation for consideration. Applications for the next round of funding will be accepted until June 15, 2022.
Operation Round Up is a voluntary charitable fundraising program through LREC. The trust fund is overseen by a volunteer, nine-member board of trustees, who are selected to serve by LREC’s board of directors. As a LREC member, you can participate in Operation Round Up by donating the extra change on your electric bill when rounding up to the next dollar ($0.01-$0.99 each month). To sign up, members can visit the LREC website, log onto your SmartHub account, email email@example.com or call (800) 552-7658.