Lake Region Electric Cooperative (LREC) is thrilled to announce their latest Operation Round Up (ORU) allocation. During the quarterly meeting on Jan. 10, the ORU Board of Trustees awarded funding to 109 local organizations, totaling $44,175. Since 2007, ORU has awarded $479,370 and has proved to be a valuable and necessary charitable fundraising program.
This quarter, organizations receiving funds were:
- Five (5) county extension offices for 4-H programs
- Five (5) county fair associations for fair expenses
- Twenty-three (23) cities for community festivals
- Twenty-six (26) fire departments for department expenses
- Fourteen (14) food pantries for the March food drive
- Thirteen (13) Post Prom committees for post prom party expenses
- Twenty-three (23) schools for scholarships
If you have a community project that needs funding, complete the online Operation Round Up Request for Funding form found on www.lrec.coop/oru and submit it with supporting documentation for consideration. Applications for the next round of funding will be accepted until March 15, 2022.
Operation Round Up is a voluntary charitable fundraising program through LREC. The trust fund is overseen by a volunteer, nine-member board of trustees, who are selected to serve by LREC’s board of directors. As a LREC member, you can participate in ORU by donating the extra change on your electric bill when rounding up to the next dollar ($0.01-$0.99 each month). To sign up, members can visit the LREC website, log onto your SmartHub account, email email@example.com or call (800) 552-7658.
Lake Region Electric Cooperative is a member-owned, member-controlled electric utility serving more than 28,000 services in Otter Tail and Wilkin counties and portions of surrounding counties. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.