The Minnesota Department of Revenue has requested that a new Business Sales Tax Exemption form be filled out for accounts that are using them.
Further instructions for the form can be found on the state website at www.revenue.state.mn.us.
What information is required?
Exemption certificates and other proof of exemption require:
- Customer's name and address.
- Customer's identification number. Accepted ID numbers include:
- Minnesota tax ID number
- Other state tax ID number and state name
- Federal ID number
- Driver's license number and state name
- State-issued ID number and state name
- The type of business the customer operates.
- Customer's reason for the exemption.
- Customer's signature. If the exemption certificate is provided electronically, the signature line must contain the name of the customer, the name of the customer's authorized agent, or the customer's ID number.
If this form has been requested of you, please return the fully completed and signed form no later than March 1, 2021. If the form is not returned by March 1, 2021, your exemption status will be withdrawn per state mandates until the form is received.