A message from the CEO:
Dear LREC member,
Governor Walz has issued an executive order to” Stay at Home” effective from March 27 – April 10. You may be concerned about what this means for continued delivery of safe, reliable, affordable electricity.
Please know that the “Stay at Home” order provides exemptions for essential services. As an electric utility, Lake Region Electric Cooperative (LREC) is classified as an essential service by the Department of Homeland Security. Rest assured, you will receive the same high-quality electric and member service you have long come to expect!
LREC has implemented the following measures both to protect the health of our employees and to do our part to slow the spread of the virus:
- Our building has been closed to the public since Wednesday, March 18.
- We have suspended disconnections of service for non-payment at this time.
- Our customer service representatives will continue to be available via phone, email and chat.
- We have plans in place to ensure lineworkers, customer service representatives, energy use consultants, billing staff and others continue to deliver reliable service.
- Many employees are working from home, while those in the office are practicing social distancing. In addition, we have increased cleaning activities at our office.
Be safe and healthy!