THE VALUE OF ELECTRIC THERMAL STORAGE (ETS) AND OFF-PEAK ENERGY
In the near future, a much higher percentage of our electricity will come from intermittent wind and solar energy resources. Our households will use and store energy when its most plentiful and is priced most economically. When it comes to space and water heating, that future is now! The innovative products and rate programs we offer can help you make the most of off-peak and stored energy and provide the comfort, convenience and affordability you need.
Whether it's a radiant floor system, a ducted system like the Steffes Comfort Plus, or the Steffes room unit, we have an off-peak ETS heating solution for your home. Contact our Energy Management Specialists at (800) 552-7658 for more information on installing an ETS system in your house.
Steffes Comfort Plus & Air Source Heat Pump
Combine Value of Off-peak Energy with the Efficiency of a Heat Pump
- Provides optimal comfort and efficiency
- ASHP reduces electricity usage of system nearly 50%
- Low annual operating cost
- Eligible for 4.8¢ ETS rate
- $50 per KW rebate for Comfort Plus on ETS
- Up to $630 rebate for ASHP
- Comfort Plus eligible for 48-month EASY-PAY
Steffes Room Heater
Deliver Stored Heat Into Your Home When You Need It
- ETS heater stores off peak energy—no back-up system required
- Qualifies for 4.8¢ ETS rate and 5.4¢ dual fuel rate
- Expanded charge hours now available for 4.8¢ ETS rate
- Up to $50 per KW rebate available
- EASY-PAY available—pay for heaters over 48 months on your bill
- Comfortable radiant heat with quiet variable speed fan
- Great for single room or entire home
- Replaces wood stoves, wall furnaces or electric baseboard
- LREC will size and price a Steffes system for your needs
- Steffes non–residential buildings have a dual fuel rate of 6.1¢
Examples of the Steffes Room Heater in actual homes
Interruptible Space Heating
Our Dual Fuel Rate Option is available for the combination of a primary electric heating system with a back-up propane or fuel oil system. Dual fuel systems are controlled during periods of high electric demand and at 5.4¢ per kWh offer a great value compared to other fuels.
Short Term Storage
At 5.4¢ per kWh, Short Term Storage is a great option for radiant floor heating. These systems deliver heat using hydronic tubing installed in a 6-inch layer of sand under a concrete slab.
Both Dual Fuel and Short Term Storage may be controlled any time–normally from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. (up to 400 hours per year).