When we hire, job openings are posted online and in area newspapers. We offer a competitive benefit package for full-time employees including medical insurance, flexible benefit plan, 401k, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and an on-site fitness center.
LREC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
The Communications/Public Relations Specialist is an expert in their field of communications, media relations, social media, digital, news, branding, and/or staff engagement communications activities. This individual will take an active leadership role across the cooperative to achieve business objectives, and build communications strategies and plans to support those objectives. This individual will plan, drive, implement, monitor and measure results of communications plans to advance LREC’s mission, strategic plan and business objectives. Demonstrates understanding of audience dynamics and tailors delivery to achieve objectives among varied audiences. Leads communication team and contractors to drive execution.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, which may include communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or related field.
- 3 years professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Developing and implementing social media strategies
- Writing and editing
- Experience with technical subject matter and development of simplified messaging
Requires problem solving, critical thinking, active listening, persuasive oral and written communication skills, presentation skills. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively to drive forward multiple projects.
Lake Region Electric Cooperative (LREC) is a recognized electric cooperative leader in developing and managing innovative, cost-effective renewable energy and demand response programs and solutions.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Theresa Halverson, Human Resource Manager, at email@example.com . Position open until filled.
A completed employment application is required for consideration of any job opening. A resume may be included but does not eliminate the need to complete the employment application. Unsolicited employment applications will be placed on file for 60 days.
Employment Application (Required for consideration of any job opening)
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- A cover letter and resume may be attached during the online application process.
- If no access to internet/computer, applicants may apply at our headquarters location.
For more information about employment opportunities email Human Resource Manager.