We are utilizing Nova Power Portal for the interconnection process of Distributed Energy Resources for our members. Please follow the link below to browse interconnection information, track the status of projects, and learn more about installing your own renewable energy system.
Connecting Your Renewable Energy System to the Grid
Interest in renewable energy and distributed generation with small solar and wind systems is growing. Because of the technical and safety requirements involved, be sure to contact LREC for assistance when you begin planning your project. Your system must meet LREC requirements and be approved and certified by a Minnesota licensed electrical inspector.
Documentation for Interconnection
The documents below include applications and information necessary for members installing wind or solar systems of less than 40 KW to interconnect with the LREC electrical system.
- LREC Interconnect Metering Schematic
- MN Interconnection Process – Cooperative Dispute Authority
- LREC Interconnection Requirements
- Net Energy Billing Service Rate (Renewable Purchase Rates)
- Grid Access Charge for Distributed Generation
- Policy 407A-Addenda A, PURPA Qualifying Facilities-Joint Implementation Plan
Other valuable information regarding solar and wind energy is available through the Minnesota Department of Commerce website.