How it Works
Operation Round Up is a charitable fundraising program that helps support charitable needs in our service area. Members can choose to “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest whole dollar, on average, $6 a year. The trust fund is overseen by a volunteer, nine-member board of trustees, who are selected to serve by LREC’s board of directors. The board of trustees meets quarterly to review donation applications and select grant recipients.
How to Participate
To be a part of this voluntary program, check the box on your billing statement or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also complete the Operation Round Up Participation Agreement and send that to us.
How to Get Funding
If you have a community project that needs funding, complete the Operation Round Up Application form and return it with supporting documentation for consideration.
Contributions will be distributed primarily in the local area served by Lake Region Electric Cooperative. Donations will be limited to non-profit, charitable organizations. Non-profit organizations that have been granted IRS Code 501(c)(3) status and serve a large number of people will be given priority.
Deadline for Application
Applications for funding will be accepted until September 15, 2017.
Congratulations to the nonprofit organizations that received Operation Round-Up donations! And thank you to the Lake Region Electric Cooperative members who help support their community by volunteering to have their electric bill rounded up each month.
In June, $16,625 was donated by Operation Round Up to assist the following organizations that serve communities in LREC service area:
- 27 fire departments
- 4 county fairs
- 23 community festivals
- 14 area food pantries that assist area communities
- 13 post prom committees from area schools
Endorsements and gratitude
- David Bunde, Festival Chair, writes,"Thank you LREC Operation Round Up. Your contribution helped provide a fun weekend for the Parkers Prairie community!"
- "Thank you for your generous donation to Henning Landmark Center towards purchase of digital projector...we used it at our Henning Reunion Funfest and at our monthly reading club", says Dan Broten, Director.
- From the Vining Watermelon Day Committee - "A big note of thanks for your contribution to help support our annual Watermelon Day event! It was much appreciated".
- Tammy Anderson, Productive Alternatives, says, "Thank you so much for choosing Productive Alternatives as a recipient of a Operation Round Up donation. We appreciate your support".