LREC fosters a safety culture that values our employees and our members as we deliver electricity to you safely. Yet, we can't do this alone.
As you use your electrical power today, don't forget that safety plays a vital role. It takes all of us working together to respect this critical energy source. Thank you for working with us to deliver safe power to you. We've collected a number of safety resources and tips for you below.
A safety note from your cooperative
Monthly safety articles are prepared for our cooperative by Lidia Dilley Jacobson, Minnesota Rural Electric Association.
- 10-2017 ~ Look for Safety This Fall
- 09-2017 ~ Making Contact with Power Lines
- 08-2017 ~ Helping Keep the Power on Safely
- 07-2017 ~ Keeping Safe in Storm Season
- 06-2017 ~ Electric Shock Drowning
- 05-2017 ~ May is National Safety Month
- 04-2017 ~ Downed Power Lines, What Would YOU Do?
- 03-2017 ~ Skid Steer Safety
- 02-2017 ~ Appliance Safety Tips
- 01-2017 ~ There's a Reason It's Called Winter Survival
- 12-2016 ~ Extension Cord Safety Tips
- 11-2016 ~ Care Enough to Keep Safety on Your Mind
Contact us if you would like a demonstration at your school or group. We'll bring a safety handout and puzzle for the whole group, plus a coupon for a Subway® treat!
Safety For Kids
Safety Tip: When lines come down, don't play around. STAY ON THE BUS.
Print the coloring sheet for the kids.