The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)was signed into federal law on August 16, 2022, offering funding, programs, and incentives to accelerate the transition to clean energy. Specifically, this bill aims to invest in energy production and reduce carbon emissions in the United States.
As the IRA continues to evolve and be updated, the following websites can be utilized for details and guidelines:
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association: Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 Information
- IRS: Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- IRS: Fact Sheet
- US Department of Energy: Clean Energy Tax Credits for Consumers
- National Resources Defense Council: Consumer Guide to the Inflation Reduction Act
- Energy.Gov: Home Energy Rebate Programs
Please note that information with IRA is continually being updated. LREC will share more information as it becomes available to us.